Alphabet Letter A Anteater
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Craft
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter A. Review related topics
in the themes column.
Alphabet Activities > Letter A Anteater > Skills > letter recognition and problem solving.
Present the letter A Anteater six-piece online
jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter A in
upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change
Cut button on the left.
* Print a letter A coloring page in Standard block or D'Nealian and an anteater coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Idea: Have children draw ants (or fingerprint ants) close to the anteaters mouth after coloring the image. Discuss other letter A words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter A's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the anteater image. Write the word anteater on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ Alphabet - beginning letter A sound (short sound) > Present the Letter A Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. Count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter A's: Have the children find all the letter A's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Discuss other letter A words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display other A posters and coloring pages or even make a letter A classroom book. Visit Letter A Alphabet Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter A Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice: The eight-word search game features the anteater and letter A words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw an anteater eating ants behind the lined paper or print an anteater coloring page to color and decorate with with fingerprint ants close to its mouth after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color an anteater scene and handwriting practice.
Crafts > DLTK's Anteater Printable Craft > This includes a great idea to add a scene with an ant hill and fingerprint ants. When making the ant hill make it to resemble a letter A. Before craft assembly conduct some learning activities for the craft activity with the craft templates: