Alphabet Letter A Ape
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter A (long a sound).
Animals > Mammals > Ape > Endangered > Rainforest > Apes
An ape is a mammal in the group of primates, which includes chimpanzees, gibbons, gorillas, and orangutans. Apes do not have tails. They have very flexile hands and feet. Apes live in the forests in Africa and Asia. Apes are endangered animals.
Review the apes theme lesson plan and crafts to present additional information, images, and printable activities about apes.
Alphabet Activity > Letter A is for Ape (long a sound)
Present and display your choice of printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter A coloring page in standard block or D'Nealian font and an ape coloring page image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter A words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter A's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the ape image. Write the word ape on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+:
Alphabet - beginning letter A sound (short sound)
Present the Letter A Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter A's: Have the children find all the letter A's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Discuss other letter A words and images in the worksheet., You can also display other posters and coloring pages or even make a letter A classroom book. Visit Letter A Alphabet Printable Activities to make your choice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw an ape behind the lined paper or select and print an ape coloring page to color and decorate and writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color an ape in the rainforest | jungle and practice writing letter A a.
Letter A coloring page
Letter A Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Drawing & Writing Paper
Apes Coloring Pages
|Alphabet > Letter A | Animals > Mammals > Endangered > Rainforest > Apes | Holidays & Events > Jun > Zoo and Aquarium Month - Dec 27th > Visit the Zoo Day|