Alphabet Letter B Ball
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
> Letter B
Holidays and Events > Aug 1st > Sports Day
Nutrition and Health > exercise and fitness
Seasons > Summer >
* Beach | Seashore
* Sports and Olympic Games
Inventions Kids Love > Toys and Games
Here are printable materials and suggestions to present letter B is
for Ball. Review related topics
in the themes column.
Sports and Games > Toy > Ball >
1. A round or nearly round object. Example: a ball of snow
2. A round or nearly round object used in sports and games > a toy.
3. A game played with a ball, especially baseball. Example: They played ball all morning.
Resource: The ball is inducted in National Toy Hall of Fame
Alphabet Activity > Letter B is for Ball (featuring a beach ball)
Have different types of balls to display during the presentation or present sports theme posters that feature the use of a ball: baseball, basketball, bowling, golf, soccer, tennis, volleyball, etc.
Present and display the poster and distribute the coloring page or handwriting worksheet.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page (first presentation) or handwriting practice worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter B's: Have the children find all the letter B's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the letter B and ball image.
Letter B words (initial consonant sound): Letter B Activity Worksheet and Mini Book These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter B words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other posters and coloring pages or even make a letter B classroom book. Review Letter B Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter B Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The word search game features letter B words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a ball or ball game scene behind the lined paper. You may also want to select and print a sports theme coloring page that features the use of a ball.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color an ant scene and handwriting practice.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/b/ball.htm|