Letter B Balloon
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter B > B is for Balloon
Holidays and Events >
June 4th, 1783 > 1st Hot Air Balloon flight
Inventions Kids Love > Toys and Games
Transportation > Aviation > Hot Air Balloon
Here are printable materials and suggestions to present letter B is for Balloon. Review related topics in the themes column.
Inventions Kids Love > Toys and Games > Air Transportation > Balloon
A balloon can be defined two ways > noun
1. Toy > a bag made of rubber that is filled with air and used as a toy. The balloon was invented in 1824.
2. Air craft > a bag made of thin material that is filled with a gas which causes it to rise. Such a bag used is to carry passengers or equipment.
Visit the related hot-air balloon lesson plan.
Alphabet Activity > Letter B is for Balloon
Present the letter B Balloon six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter B in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display your option of letter B printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter B coloring page in standard block or D'Nealian font and a balloon theme coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter B words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter B's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the butterfly coloring page. Write letter B b and the word balloon on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter B
Clown Theme Printable Materials
*Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil.
Explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process. Find the letter B's: Have the children find all the letter B's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter B's and then discuss the locations with the poster.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the images in the worksheet. Present the Letter B Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Letter B words: The worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of a Letter B program of activities to reinforce letter recognition, initial handwriting practice and to identify related B words.
Discuss other letter B words and images (refer to activity worksheet above): First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with examples. You can print letter B in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display letter B posters and coloring pages or make a letter B classroom book. For related images visit: Letter B Printable Materials
Letter B Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice
The eight word search game features a hot-air balloon and letter B words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a balloon behind the page or print a balloon theme coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a balloon and write letter B b.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle
Letter B Worksheet & Mini-Book
Available in D'Nealian and Standard font
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & writing paper: draw a balloon & write letter B b
Balloons theme coloring pages
Balloon Aircraft lesson plan and activities
*coloring and writing materials
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/b/balloon.htm|