Alphabet Letter B Boat
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter B. Review the transportation theme for additional activities.
Transportation > Water > Boat
A boat is a small, open vehicle (water craft) for traveling on water, usually on inland (lakes or rivers) or coastal waters. There are many types of boats > here is a list and you can visit and view some of them.
Alphabet Activity > Letter B is for Broccoli
Children Ages 3 and under:
* Print a letter B coloring page Standard block or D'Nealian and select a boat coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter B words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter B's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the boat coloring page and write letter B b and the word boat on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
1. Letter B Lower Case Flash Card and Boat Craft > Visit this activity to recognize, trace letter B and make a boat craft.
2. Letter B words: Letter B Worksheet and Mini-Book: These materials an be used as to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter B's: Have the children find all the letter B's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter B's and then discuss the locations with the worksheet.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the images in the worksheet.
Discuss other letter B words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other posters and coloring pages or even make a letter B classroom book. Visit Letter B Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter B Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features the boat and other letter B words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a boat behind the page or print a boat coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a boat and write letter B b.
|Alphabet > Letter B |
Helper > Fisherman |
Holidays & Events > May > Transportation Month |
Transportation > Water
Seasons > Summer > Beach & Seashore