Alphabet Letter B Broccoli
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter B. Review related topics
in the themes column.
Visit the broccoli theme lesson plan activities and craft to incorporate this alphabet activity.
Nutrition > Vegetables > Broccoli
Broccoli is a plant whose green flower buds and stalk are used for food. Broccoli is related to the cabbage plant.
Alphabet Activity > Letter B is for Broccoli
Children Ages 3 and under:
* Print a letter B coloring page Standard block or D'Nealian and print a broccoli coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter B words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter B's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the broccoli coloring page using green and write letter B b and the word broccoli on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Letter B words: Letter B Worksheet and Mini-Book: These materials can be used as to to reinforce letter practice and identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter B's: Have the children find all the letter B's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the images in the worksheet.
Discuss other letter B words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other posters and coloring pages or even make a letter B classroom book. Visit Letter B Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter B Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features the broccoli and letter B words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a broccoli behind the page or print a broccoli coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a broccoli and write letter B b.
|Alphabet > Letter B | Colors > Green | Holidays & Events > Mar > Nat'l Nutrition Month -Jun > Fruit and Vegetables Month | Nutrition > Vegetables > Broccoli | Plants | Seasons > Spring & Autumn|