Consonant Digraph Ch Cherries
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Alphabet > Consonant Digraph Ch | Holidays & Events > Feb > President's
Day (Legend of The
Cherry Tree) - Mar > Nat'l
Nutrition Month - Apr > Arbor
Day - Jun > Fruit and
Vegetables Month | Nutrition > Fruits > Cherries | Plants > Cherries grow
on > Trees | Seasons > Summer
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present consonant digraph Ch. Review the educational themes above that can be addressed with the topic of cherries.
Nutrition > Fruit > Cherries | Plants > Cherries grow on Trees
Visit the cherries theme lesson plan activities for crafts, recipes, online nutrition and read the historical legend of The Cherry Tree.
Alphabet Activity: Consonant Digraph Ch Cherries
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print this Consonant Digraph Ch coloring page in D'Nealian or Standard block font and a cherries coloring image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other Ch words found on the worksheet and word search.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Using your selection of worksheet, trace digraph Ch's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color digraph Ch's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the cherries coloring page and write letter Ch and the word cherries on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Present the Consonant Digraph Ch Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related Ch words.
You can also display Digraph Ch posters and coloring pages or make a Digraph Ch classroom book. For related Ch images visit: Letter C Printable Activities
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace digraph Ch's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the Digraph Ch's: Have the children find all the digraph Ch's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw cherries or a cherry tree behind the page or print a cherries coloring page or color and decorate a tree with cherries > visit activity #3 here.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color cherries or a cherry tree and write digraph Ch ch. Share some real cherries to inspire the children.
Consonant Digraph Ch Coloring page
Digraph Ch Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard font
Drawing & Writing Paper
Cherry coloring page
Coloring pages to decorate with cherries:
George Washington and the Cherry Tree 1
George Washington and the Cherry Tree
(read the legend)
*Tree & bunny rabbits
*Tree and picnic scene