Letter D Deer
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Themes > Alphabet > Letter D | Animals > Mammals > Desert [Mule deer] > Forest > Polar [Arctic] > Deer family
Animals > Mammals > Deer >
The deer is an animal with long legs. Deer are mammals with hooves. All kinds of deer run very fast. The males of most kinds of deer grow and shed antlers every year. A male is called stag or buck, a female is called doe, a young deer is called fawn. Deer are herbivores that chew their cud. Caribou, elk (wapiti), moose, reindeer and white-tailed deer are kinds of deer.
Visit the deer family theme for activities and crafts related to different kinds of deer.
Alphabet Activity > Letter D is for Deer
Present and display your option of D alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter D coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a deer coloring image behind it or attach next to letter D. Discuss other letter D words found on the worksheet and word search.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can color and trace the letter D's. After completing the letter coloring, encourage children to color the deer image. Write the word deer on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+:
Letter D words: Letter D Worksheet and Mini Book These materials can be used as part of Letter D program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related d words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Display other D posters and coloring pages or even make a letter D classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter D Alphabet Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter D Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The eight word search game features the deer and letter D words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a deer behind the lined paper or select and print a deer coloring page behind the lined-paper to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a deer and practice writing letter D d.
| Under age 3
Letter D coloring page
Letter D Worksheet & Mini-Book
Available in D'Nealian and Standard font
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & writing paper
Deer coloring pages