Letter D Dinosaur
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Alphabet > Letter D |
Animals > Extinct Reptiles > Dinosaurs
& Events > Oct > Dinosaurs Month | Oct 21st > Reptile
Animals > Extinct > Dinosaurs
Review the dinosaurs theme to present information, images, crafts and other related activities.
Alphabet Activities > Letter D is for Dinosaur
Present the letter D dinosaur six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter D in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present, display and distribute your option of D alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter D coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a dinosaur coloring image behind it or attach next to letter D. The letter can also be decorated with an assortment of dinosaur theme stickers. Discuss other letter D words found on the worksheet and word search.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can color and trace the letter D's. After completing the letter coloring, encourage children to color the dinosaur image. Write the word dinosaur on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter D sound
Present the Letter D Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter D's: Have the children find all the letter D's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Discuss other letter D words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display other D posters and coloring pages or even make a letter D classroom book. Visit Letter D Alphabet Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter D Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The eight word search game features a dinosaur and letter D words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a dinosaur behind the lined paper or select and print a dinosaur coloring page behind the lined-paper to color after writing practice. Optional: Print your selection of letter D is for Deinonychus materials from the dinosaur alphabet.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a dinosaur and practice writing letter D d.