Letter D Dog
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Letter D > D is for Dog
Animals > Pets > Dog
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter D. The presentation ideally should be part of dog themed activities and/or crafts.
Alphabet Activity > Letter D is for Dog
Present and display your option of D alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter D coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a dog coloring image behind it or attach next to letter D. Discuss other letter D words found on the worksheet and word search.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can color and trace the letter D's. After completing the letter coloring, encourage children to color the dog image. Write the word dog on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter D sound
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter D's: Have the children find all the letter D's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Letter D words: Letter D Activity Worksheet and Mini Book This page and matching mini book can be used as part of Letter D program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related d words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Display other D posters and coloring pages or even make a letter D classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter D Alphabet Printable Materials to make your choice.
Letter D Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The four and eight word search game features the dog and letter D words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a dog behind the lined paper or select and print a dog coloring page behind the lined-paper to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a dog and practice writing letter D d.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/d/dog.htm|