Alphabet Letter E Earwig
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter E > E is for Earwig
Insects > Earwig
Online jigsaw puzzles
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter E > long e sound. The presentation ideally should be part of insects themed activities and/or crafts.
1. Animals > Insects > Earwig
The earwig is an insect that likes cool, humid places. It doesn't transmit diseases and is harmless to humans and animals.
Activity > C.P. Ant is going to take you on a fun tour to discuss facts about about insects with this great interactive online presentation - Let's Talk about Insects.
Activity > Insect body parts review > Print this earwig coloring page label and identify the insect's body parts discussed online.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Earwig
Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with an earwig image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
2. Alphabet Activity > Letter E is for Earwig
Present and display your option of letter E printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
Print letter E coloring page
D'Nealian or Standard Block font and an earwig coloring page 1 or 2 behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter E words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter E's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter E's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the earwig coloring page and write letter E e and the word earwig on the margins.
Children ages 3+:
Present the Letter E Activity Worksheet and Mini Book Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Display letter E posters and coloring pages or make a letter E classroom book with letter E printable activities.
Children ages 4+:
Letter E Word Search:
A four word search game features the earwig and letter E words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw an earwig behind the lined paper or select and print an earwig coloring page found in the materials column.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color an earwig and write letter E e.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/e/earwig.htm|