Alphabet Letter E Eel Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter E > E is for Eel
Ocean | Aquatic > Eel
Holidays and Events >
June 8 > World Oceans Day
June > Zoo and Aquarium Month
December 27th > Visit the Zoo Day
Numbers > Eel number two-2 worksheet
Online jigsaw puzzles
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter E > long e sound.
1. Animals > Ocean or Freshwater > Fish > Eel
The eel is a long fish that looks like a snake. Eels live in freshwater and salt water. The electric eel is not a true eel.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Eel
Skill: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with an eel image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
2. Alphabet Activity > Letter E is for Eel
Present and display this fun color poster of an eel and your option of letter E printable activities in the materials column.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print letter E coloring page
D'Nealian or Standard Block font and an eel coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter E words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter E's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter E's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the eel coloring page and write letter E e and the word eel on the margins.
Children ages 3+:
Present the Letter E Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Display letter E posters and coloring pages or make a letter E classroom book with letter E printable activities.
Children ages 5+:
Letter E Word Search:
A four word search game features the eel and letter E words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw an eel behind the page or print a eel coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color an eel and write letter E e. Share some images of a real eel to inspire the children.
Additional activities >
Numbers > Eel Theme Number Two Worksheet
Practice counting and writing number two.
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/e/eel.htm