Alphabet Letter E Elf Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Letter E >
E is for Elf
Holidays and Events >
* December > Christmas > Santa Claus, elves and reindeers
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter E (short sound).
What is an elf? An elf is an imaginary small creature that looks like a human with magical powers. The most popular modern elves are the Christmas elves or Santa Claus' elves.
Visit the elf theme lesson plan activities, for printable crafts, story time to incorporate with this alphabet activity.
Alphabet Activity: Letter E is for Elf
Present and display the poster and distribute your choice of coloring page for a first introduction for younger children or extended handwriting worksheet for advanced Pre-K and higher.
* Finger and handwriting tracing:
Trace letter E's in upper and lower case with your index finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page or handwriting worksheet
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and point to the numbers with arrows that help them trace the letter correctly. Count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter E's: Have the children find all the letter E's in upper and lower case on the coloring page or extended tracer and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Present the Letter E Activity Worksheet Program and Mini-Book
Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display letter E posters and coloring pages or assemble a letter E classroom book with letter E Printable Activities.
Children ages 4+:
Letter E Word Search
The search game features letter E words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children color and decorate an elf coloring page 1 or 2 behind the lined paper or select and print behind the lined-paper to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color an elf and practice writing letter E e.
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/e/elf.htm