Alphabet > Letter F | Holidays & Events > Mar > Nat'l Nutrition Month | Jun > Fruit and Vegetables Month | Nutrition > Fruits | Plants
Alphabet Letter F Fruits
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Plants > Nutrition > Fruit
The part of a plant that has seeds and flesh, such as apple or cherries. Most fruits are sweet and can be eaten raw. Visit the nutrition theme to incorporate other activities and crafts related to the fruits theme.
Alphabet Activity > Letter F is for Fruits
Present and display your option of letter F printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter F coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and an fruits coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter F words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter F's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the fruits coloring page and write letter F f and the word fruits and underline letter F.
Ages 3+ to 6: Present the Letter F Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter F program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related F words.
Discuss other letter F words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display letter F posters and coloring pages or make a letter F classroom book. For related images visit: Letter F Printable Activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter F's: Have the children find all the letter F's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter F Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features letter F words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw an fruits behind the page or print a fruits coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color a fruit (in a bowl, or basket) and write letter F f. Visit this related visual arts activity to make a fruit theme still life painting.
Letter F coloring page
Letter F Activity Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian and Standard
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & writing paper
Fruits coloring pages