Alphabet Letter F Fruits
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter F > F is for Fruit
Holidays and Events >
*March > Nat'l Nutrition Month
*June > Fruit and Vegetables Month
Nutrition > Fruits
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter F.
1. Plants > Nutrition > Fruit
The part of a plant that has seeds and flesh, such as apple or cherries. Most fruits are sweet and can be eaten raw. Visit the nutrition theme to incorporate other activities and crafts related to the fruits theme.
2. Alphabet Activity > Letter F is for Fruits
Present and display your option of letter F printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter F coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and an fruits coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter F words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter F's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the fruits coloring page and write letter F f and the word fruits and underline letter F.
1. Present the Letter F Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Letter F words: This page and matching mini book can be used as part of Letter F program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related F words.
Discuss other letter F words and images (refer to activity worksheet above): First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and ending sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with examples. You can print letter F in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display letter F posters and coloring pages or make a letter F classroom book. For related images visit: Letter F Printable Materials.
*Finger and Pencil Tracing:
*Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter F's: Have the children find all the letter F's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter F's and then discuss the locations with the poster.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw an fruits behind the page or print a fruits coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color a fruit (in a bowl, or basket) and write letter F f. Visit this related visual arts activity to make a fruit theme still life painting.
Letter F Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The four and eight word search game features letter F words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Letter F coloring page
Print a fruits coloring page
Letter F Activity Worksheet & Mini Book
Available in D'Nealian and Standard font
Word Search & Handwriting
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/f/fruits.htm|