|Alphabet > Letter
G > G is for Grapes
Bible > John
Fables > Character
Education > The
Fox and the Grapes
Holidays and Events >
*March > National Nutrition Month
*June > Fruits & Vegetables Month
Nutrition > Fruits
Ages 2 to 6:
* This is a fun way to practice or introduce the letter G, and
color purple. Yummy, juicy, scrumptious and groovy
* This is also a wonderful activity to celebrate nutrition and
Activity > Grapes
Learn about basic nutrition facts and search for an easy recipe to
enjoy grapes. Grapes are an excellent snack. Emphasize on the 5-A-Day
Activity > Craft > Groovy Grapes Craft
Have fun putting Groovy Grapes together:
* Print Groovy Grapes craft template in your choice of color or black
* Print the G is for Grapes color
* Present the G is for Grapes color poster to the child and
explain that grapes are a fruit, and the benefits of eating
fruits. Grapes can be violet, green, and many other colors.
Tell the child Grapes starts with the letter G. Other words
that start with the letter G: giraffe, goat, goose, game,
* Now tell child s/he is going to make his very own G Groovy
Grapes Fruity Buddy to remember the letter G.
* color and decorate template pieces
* cut template pieces (younger children need assistance)
*2-3 year olds:
1. Write the letter G g (in upper case and lower case) on the grape template (body) on the desired locations for
pasting the template pieces.
2. Have child put dots of glue on the G g's you printed on the
3. Give the pieces one by one to the child to place over the G g's
on the grape template.
*3 and older: Do steps 1 and 2, and then allow them to
do as much as possible by themselves.
* Take a snack break: Eat grapes and dip on grape
Activity > Alphabet Letter G Grapes
Review and present letter G grapes printable activities.
Coloring Page Activity for
G is for Grapes
* Use any coloring items: crayon, markers or try one of this ideas:
* Cut 2 large
grapes in half and use them as stampers to paint the
* Mix different hues of purple by mixing purple with
red. Make three shades in paper plate or show child how purple
is achieved by mixing red and blue. Use a brush or fingers for
*Place color poster, coloring page and Groovy Grapes in a place of
honor in a grouping, refer to it during the week.
> Online Coloring > Grapes
Skills > Computer mouse and colors
Have children color
the grapes online to practice using the computer mouse and
practice color recognition.
> Character Education > Literacy > Aesop's
Fable > The
Fox and the Grapes
Print, read and discuss the fable. Discuss what is a fable.
Activity > Bible > John
15: "I am the Vine; You Are the
This activity is appropriate for Sunday school, at home or
vacation Bible school.
Letter G Grapes printable activities
Grapes Craft in your choice of color or b/w.
Grapes coloring pages
* something to color or paint with.
*glue or glue stick
*Optional: for the G is for Grapes coloring page you can show how
purple is obtained by mixing red & blue on a paper plate. You
can also create three shades by adding more red.
*green paint for leaves
*cotton ball or small sponge