Alphabet Letter G Giraffe
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter
Animals > Mammals > Giraffe
Holidays and Events >
*Jun > Zoo and Aquarium Month
*Dex 27th > Visit the Zoo Day
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter G (soft g sound)
Animals > Mammals > Giraffe
The giraffe is a mammal with a very long neck, long legs, and hooves. Giraffes have short horns covered with fur. They live in Africa and eat the tops of tress. They are the tallest animal that lives on land.
Review the giraffe theme lesson plan and crafts to present additional information, images and other activities about giraffes.
Alphabet Activity > Letter G is for Giraffe
Present the letter G giraffe six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter G in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display your option of letter G printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter G coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a giraffe coloring image #1 or #2 behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter G words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter G's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the giraffe image. Write the word giraffe on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter G ( soft G sound)
Present the Letter G Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter G program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related G words.
Display letter G posters and coloring pages or make a letter G classroom book with letter G printable activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter G's: Have the children find all the letter G's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a giraffe behind the page or print a giraffe coloring page image #1 or #2
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw and color a giraffe and write letter G g..
Online Jigsaw Puzzle
Letter G coloring page
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/g/giraffe.htm|