Alphabet Letter G Gorilla
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Alphabet > Letter
G | Animals> Mammals > Endangered > Rainforest > Apes > Gorilla | Holidays & Events > Jun > Zoo and
Aquarium Month | Dec 27th >
Visit the Zoo Day
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter G (soft g sound)
Animals > Mammals > Apes > Endangered > Rainforest > Gorilla
The gorilla is a very large ape that lives in African forests. Gorillas are the largest of the primates. All gorillas living in the wild are endangered and in danger of extinction.
Review the gorilla theme lesson plan and crafts to present additional information, images, printable crafts and other activities.
Alphabet Activity > Letter G is for Gorilla
Present the letter G gorilla six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter G in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display your option of letter G printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter G coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a gorilla coloring image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter G words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter G's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the gorilla image. Write the word gorilla on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6: Alphabet - beginning letter G (hard G sound)
Present the Letter G Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter G program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related G words.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter, nvite the children to do the same. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter G's: Have the children find all the letter G's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Discuss other letter G words (soft g sound) and images found in the worksheet. You can also display letter G posters and coloring pages or make a letter G classroom book. For related images visit: Letter G Printable Activities.
Letter G Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features the gorilla and letter G words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a gorilla behind the page or print a gorilla coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a gorilla and write letter G g. Share some images of real gorillas to inspire the children.
Gorilla Online Jigsaw Puzzle
Letter G coloring page
Letter G Worksheet & Mini-Book
(hard G sound)
D'Nealian & Standard font
Word Search & Writing
Drawing & writing paper
Gorillas & apes coloring pages