Alphabet Letter G Grasshopper
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Animals > Insects
Character education > Fables > The Ants and the Grasshopper
Seasons > Spring
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter G. The presentation
ideally should be part of insects or grasshopper themed activities and/or crafts.
Animals > Insects > Grasshopper
A grasshopper is an insect with long, powerful hind legs for jumping and two pairs of wings. Grasshoppers eat plants.
C.P.Ant is going to take you on a fun tour to discuss facts about about insects and the grasshopper with this great interactive online presentation - Let's Talk about Insects.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Grasshopper > Skill: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a grasshopper image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Alphabet Activity > Letter G is for Grasshopper
Present and display your option of alphabet letter G is for Grasshopper printable materials listed in the materials column.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your choice of coloring page or handwriting practice worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter G's: Have the children find all the letter G's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
* Coloring or Painting Activity: Encourage the children to color Letter G's and the grasshopper image in the coloring page or writing worksheet.
Letter G words (hard g sound): Letter G Activity Page and Mini Book. This page and matching mini book can be used as part of Letter G program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related G words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter G words and images found in the worksheet. You can print letter G in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display letter G posters and coloring pages or make a letter G classroom book. For related images visit Letter G Printable Activities.
Letter G Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The eight word search game features the grasshopper and letter G words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice - advanced Kindergarten and above:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a grasshopper behind the page or print a grasshopper coloring page 1 or 2.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a grasshopper and write letter G g. Share some images of real grasshoppers to inspire the children.
Activity > Literacy > Character Education > Read Aesop's Fables > The Ants and the Grasshopper
Print, read and discuss this Aesop's fable The Ants and the Grasshopper. Explain what is a fable. A fable is a story that teaches a lesson. Most fables have animals as characters. This fable addresses two insects. Encourage children to draw and color an ant and grasshopper or illustration of the story under the story text.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/g/grasshopper.htm|