Alphabet Letter H Helicopter
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
> Letter H
Holidays and observances >
Transportation > Aviation | Air > Helicopter
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter H. The presentation
ideally should be part of an aviation | air transportation theme
and helicopter activities and
Alphabet Activities > Letter H h is for Helicopter
Present and display the color poster and distribute your choice of coloring page for a first introduction for younger children or extended handwriting worksheet for advanced Pre-K and higher.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace the letter H's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil. Demonstrate the direction and numbers on the arrows that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter H's: Have the children find all the letter H's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
* Letter H words: Letter H Worksheet and Mini Book These materials can be used as part of Letter H program of activities to reinforce letter H practice and to identify related s words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter H words and images foudn in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display posters and make a letter H classroom book. For related images visit: Letter H Printable Activities and make your selection.
Letter H Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and six word search game features letter H words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Coloring, Drawing and/or Craft Activity: Encourage the children to color. draw or do a related craft with a variety of materials.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw and color a helicopter behind the lined paper or select and print a helicopter coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a helicopter and practice writing letter H h.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Alphabet H Helicopter > Problem solving skills and alphabet letter recognition.
Here is an online online jigsaw puzzle the children will enjoy featuring a letter H is for Helicopter. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the Change Cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/h/helicopter.htm|