Alphabet Letter J Jet
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Crafts and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter J.
Transportation > Aviation > Jet
A jet is an airplane (aircraft) that is moved by engines that give off a backward flow of heated gases to cause forward movement.
Alphabet Activity > Letter J is for Jet
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter J coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a jet coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter J words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter J's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter J's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the jet coloring page and write letter J j and the word jet on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Present the Letter J Activity Worksheet and Mini-Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter J program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words.
Discuss other letter J words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display posters and coloring pages or make a letter J classroom book. For related images visit: Letter J Printable Activities.
*Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter J's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter J's: Have the children find all the letter J's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter J Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The four and six word search game features a jet and letter J words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw an jet behind the page or print a jet coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a jet and write letter J j.
Craft Option DLTK's Craft: Make Styrofoam Airplanes - 2 types (3.5+)
This is such a great craft and you get to recycle those Styrofoam trays. There are two types of plane: cargo and jet templates.
You may want to try this alternative: Print the template and trace the airplane body onto paper twice. Have the children color and decorate them and then glue them to the Styrofoam pieces.
|Alphabet > Crafts > Letter J | Holidays & observances> Aviation events | Transportation > Aviation | Air|