Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter K. Review themes above for related activities.
Sports and Games > Toy > Kite >
- A kite is a light frame covered with paper, plastic or
cloth that is flown in the air at the end of a string.
- A kite is a tethered aircraft,
and an important precursor for the advancement in air transportation,
weather forecasting, and science.
- Kites in present times is most often used as a toy, a sport,
and to celebrate cultural holidays.
- Kites were probably first used and invented in China.
- The kite is inducted in National
Toy Hall of Fame. Kite > Wikipedia.org
Alphabet Activity > Letter K is for Kite
Present and display your option of alphabet printable
activities listed in the materials column.
Finger and Pencil Tracing:
* Trace letter K's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the
letter. Invite the children to do the same on your choice of coloring
page or handwriting practice worksheet.
* Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter,
and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the
letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want
to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the
number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter K's: Have the children find all the
letter K's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle
or trace/shade them first.
* Coloring or Painting Activity: Encourage the children to color the letter K and kite image.
Letter K words: Letter
K Worksheet and Mini Book. These materialscan be used as part of Letter K program of activities
to reinforce letter practice and to identify related K words. Suggested instructions for use
Discuss other letter K words and images found on the worksheet. You can also display letter K posters and
coloring pages or make a letter K classroom book. For
related images visit: Letter
K Printable Activities.
Letter K Word
Search & Handwriting Practice:
The four word search game features a kite and letter K words with
pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable
lined-paper. Have children draw and color a kite behind the lined
paper or select and print a kite coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a kite and practice writing
letter K k.
this alphabet set
Handwriting Practice Worksheet
Letter K Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Search & writing
| Writing Paper
Kite coloring pages