Alphabet Letter L Leprechaun
Preschool-2 Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Alphabet > Letter L | Colors > Green, orange, white (Irish national colors) | Crafts > Easy
Shapes Leprechaun | Holidays > Mar > Multicultural > St.
Patrick's Day (l7th) & Irish-American
Heritage Month | Ireland
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter L.
Review the leprechaun theme lesson plan and craft to present additional information, images, crafts other educational activities.
Alphabet Activity > Letter L is for Leprechaun
Present and display your option of letter L printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under >
* Print a letter L coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a leprechaun coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter L words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing > Trace letter L's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter L's. Encourage children to color the leprechaun image. Write the word leprechaun on the finished coloring page.
* Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6: Letter L words (initial consonant sound):
Letter L Activity Worksheet and Mini Book > These materials can be used as part of Letter L program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related L words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display other L posters and coloring pages or even make a letter L classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter L Printable Materials to make your choice.
* Handwriting Worksheet > Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter L's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their handwriting practice worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Letter L Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The search game features letter L words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice >
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a leprechaun behind the page or print a leprechaun coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper to engage children in making an original drawing of a leprechaun and practice writing letter L in upper and lower case independently.
Letter L coloring page
Letter L Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Writing
Drawing & writing paper
Leprechaun coloring pages
Shapes Leprechaun Craft