Alphabet Letter M Monkey Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Visit the monkey lesson plan activities to learn about monkeys, and include a printable craft activity. The monkey is one of the twelve animals represented in the Chinese zodiac, and appropriate theme for Chinese New Year celebrations.
M Monkey Online Jigsaw Puzzle
Manny the Clown & his Monkey color poster
Letter M coloring page
Letter M Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & writing
Drawing & writing paper
Monkey coloring pages
Alphabet Activity > Letter M is for Monkey Present the letter M monkey six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter M in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display this fun color poster of a Manny the Clown and Monkey and your option of letter M printable activities in the materials column.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print a letter M coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a monkey coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter M words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter M's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter M's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the monkey coloring page and write letter M m and the word monkey on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Present the Letter M Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter M program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related M words.
Discuss other letter M words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display letter M posters and coloring pages or make a letter M classroom book. For related images visit: Letter M Printable Activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter M's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter M's: Have the children find all the letter M's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter M Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The word search game features a monkey and letter M words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a monkey behind the page or print a monkey coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a monkey and write letter M m.