Alphabet > Crafts > Letter N | Holidays & Events > Jun > Father's Day - Sep > Grandparent's Day (Grandpa)
Alphabet Letter N Necktie
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Craft and Worksheets
|Activity > Clothing > What is a necktie?
is a long piece of cloth worn around the neck.
Alphabet Activity > Letter N is for Necktie
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter N coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a necktie coloring page behind the letter N page or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter N words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter N's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter N's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the coloring page and write letter N n and the word necktie on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:Present the Letter N Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used as part of Letter N program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related N words.
Discuss other letter N words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display letter posters and coloring pages or make a letter N classroom book. For related images visit:Letter N Printable Activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter N's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter N's: Have the children find all the letter N's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter N Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The word search game features letter N words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a necktie behind the page or print a necktie coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a nest and write letter N n.
3.Crafts > Necktie Theme Printable Crafts at DLTK's > Necktie craft(3+ with help)
Here is a an adorable necktie printable craft. Print your selection of color or coloring version. Children may want to decorate the necktie with other materials and stickers to personalize it.