Alphabet Letter T Teddy Bear
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Animals > Mammals > Bears
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter T.
Inventions Kids Love > Toys > Teddy Bear
A teddy bear is a children's toy made to look like a bear. Teddy bears are filled with soft stuffing and covered with furry fabric.
* Teddy bear at Wikipedia.org
* The teddy bear is inducted in the Toy Hall of Fame.
Visit the teddy bear theme for online learning resources, crafts and other activities to incorporate with this alphabet presentation.
Alphabet Activities > Letter T is for Teddy Bear
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter T coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a teddy bear coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter T words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter T's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the teddy bear coloring page. Write the word teddy bear on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Present the Letter T Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
The worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of a Letter T program of activities to reinforce letter recognition, initial handwriting practice and to identify related T words.
Display letter T posters and coloring pages or make a letter T classroom book. For related images visit: Letter T Printable Activities.
*Finger and pencil tracing:
Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter T's: Have the children find all the letter T's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter T's and then discuss the locations with the poster and worksheet.
Letter T Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The four and six word search game featureing letter T words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a teddy bear behind the page or print a teddy bear coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper. Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a teddy bear and write letter T t.
Letter T coloring page
Letter T Worksheet & Mini- Book
D'Nealian & Standard block format
Word Search & writing
Drawing & writing paper
Teddy bear coloring pages
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/t/teddy-bear.htm|