Letter T Tortoise Turtle
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
> Letter T
Tortoise and Turtle
Holidays and Events >
*Jun > Zoo and Aquarium Month
*May 23rd > World Turtle Day
*Oct 21st > Reptile Awareness Day
*Dec 27th > Visit the Zoo Day
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter T. The presentation
ideally should be part of turtle
and tortoise activities and crafts.
Alphabet Activities > Letter T is for Tortoise or Turtle
Present and display your option of alphabet printable activities listed in the materials column:
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace the letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page or handwriting worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction and numbers on the arrows that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter T's: Have the children find all the letter T's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
* Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the tortoise/turtle image with a variety of materials.
Letter T words: Letter T Worksheet and Mini Book program: These materials can be used as part of Letter T program of activities to reinforce letter T practice and to identify related T words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter T words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. Display T posters or coloring pages and make a letter T classroom book. For related images visit: Letter T Alphabet Printable Activities and make your choice.
Letter T Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The six word search game features a turtle and letter T words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a turtle or tortoise behind the page or print a turtle or tortoise coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a turtle or tortoise and write letter T t.
Make sure to include this activity as part of a theme, story time activity, and discuss animal facts which are available in the tortoise/turtle section.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/t/tortoise_turtle.htm|