Alphabet Letter T Tractor
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter T.
Construction & Transportation > The Tractor
What is a tractor?
The farm tractor or agricultural tractor is probably the most important and valuable piece of equipment that a farmer has to do his job. Farm machinery and trailers are pieces of farming equipment that are attached to the rear of the tractor for various tasks.
Alphabet Activity > Letter T is for Tractor
Present and display your option of alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Ages 3 and under:
* Print a letter T coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a tractor coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter T words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter T's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the tractor coloring page and write letter T t and the word tractor on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
1. Letter T Tractor Flash Card and Craft > Visit this activity to recognize, trace lower case letter T and make a printable tractor craft.
2. Letter T words: Letter T Worksheet and Mini Book This worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of Letter T program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related T words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter T's: Have the children find all the letter T's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter T's and then discuss the locations with the worksheet.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the images in the worksheet.
Discuss other letter T words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other T posters and coloring pages or even make a letter T classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter T Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter T Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The six word search game features a tractor and letter T words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a tractor behind the page or print a tractor coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a tractor and write letter T t.
|Alphabet > Letter T | Community Helpers > Farmer | Crafts > Tractor | Farm theme | Holidays & Events > May > Transportation Month - Oct 12th > Farmer's Day | Transportation > Land transport|