Alphabet Letter V Van Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Themes||Instructions and Suggestions||Materials|
> Letter V > V is for
Crafts > Van
Holidays and Events >
*May > Transportation Month
Transportation | Travel & Vacations > Land transport
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter V.
Transportation > Automobile or Truck > Van
A van is tall, covered truck or car used to move people or goods.
Alphabet Activity: Alphabet Letter V is for Van
Present and display your option of alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Ages 3 and under:
* Print a letter V coloring page
D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a van coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter V words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter V's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter V's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the van coloring page and write letter V v and the word van on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
1. Letter V Van Flash Card and Van Craft > Visit this activity to recognize, trace letter V and make a van craft.
2. Letter V words: Letter V Activity Page and Mini Book This page and matching mini-book can be used as part of Letter V program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related V words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
*Trace letter V's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter V's: Have the children find all the letter V's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter V's and then discuss the locations with the worksheet.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Discuss other letter V words and images: First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with example. You can print letter V in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other V posters and coloring pages or even make a letter V classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter V Printable Materials to make your choice.
Letter V Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The four word search game features a van and letter V words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a van behind the page or print a van coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a van and write letter V v.
*coloring and writing materials
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/v/van..htm