Alphabet Letter X Fox Theme Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Themes > Alphabet > Letter X > Fox
ends with an X | Animals > Mammals > Endangered > Forest | Desert > Fox
Animals > Mammals > Endangered > Fox
The fox is a wild mammal that has a pointed nose, pointed ears, and a bushy tail. Foxes are closely related to coyotes, dogs, and wolves. Foxes hunt insects, birds, and other small animals but will sometimes eat plants, especially fruit.
Visit the fox lesson plan activities to learn more about this animal, a printable craft and story time.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Fox > Skill: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a fun fox image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Alphabet Activity > Fox ends with X
Present and display your option of letter X printable activities in the materials column.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print a letter X coloring page D'Nealian or Standard block font and a fox coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter X words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter X's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter X's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the fox coloring page and write letter X x and the word fox and underline letter X.
Children age 3+:
Present the Letter X Worksheet and Mini-Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related X words.
You can also display letter X posters and coloring pages or make a letter X classroom book. For related images visit: Letter X Printable Materials
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter X's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter X's: Have the children find all the letter X's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
For advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw an fox behind the page or print a fox coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper > Encourage children to draw and color an fox and write letter X x.
Fox online jigsaw puzzle [bilingual]
(words ending in X)
Age 3 & under
Letter X coloring page
Letter X Worksheet & Mini Book
Available in D'Nealian & Standard block
Drawing & writing paper
Fox coloring pages