Alphabet Letter Z Zebra Theme | Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
> Crafts > Letter Z
Animals > Mammals | Endangered
Related animals > Donkey | Horse | Unicorn
Holidays and Events >
June > Zoo and Aquarium Month
Dec 27th > Visit the Zoo Day
Online Jigsaw Puzzles > Zebra
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter Z. The presentation
ideally should be part of wild animals or zoo animals theme activities
Science > Animals > Wild Mammal > Endangered > Zebra
The zebra is large mammal with a striped coat, long legs, and hooves. Zebras are closely related to horses but have shorter manes. They live in large herds in Africa. Several kinds of zebras are in danger of becoming extinct. The mountain zebra and Grevy's zebra are two of the most endangered.
Online resource > National Geographic's Animals Creature Feature > Zebras
Alphabet Activity: Alphabet Letter Z is for Zebra
Present the letter Z zebra six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter Z in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display your option of printable activities listed in the materials column.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter Z's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page (first presentation) or handwriting practice worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter Z's: Have the children find all the letter Z's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Letter Z words (initial consonant sound): Letter Z Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program: These materials can be used as part of Letter Z program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related Z words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter Z words and image found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. Display other Z posters and coloring pages or even make a letter Z classroom book. Visit Letter Z Printable Activities to make your choice.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Letter Z Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four word search game features a zebra and letter Z words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper, draw a zebra or print a zebra coloring page to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper > draw and color a zebra and write letter Z z.
Craft Activity: Printable Zebra Crafts (external links)
1. Zebra craft (needs a toilet paper tub)
2. Paper bag Zebra craft
3. Grevy's Zebra paper craft sculpture (PDF format only) Grevy's zebra images, information and complex paper craft for adults and older children, great project for learning and display.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Zebra > Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a fun zebra image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/z/zebra.htm|