Crab Theme Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
The crab is an interesting animal to introduce a seashore (coastline)
animal and various other skills.
The activities are appropriate for an ocean creatures, seashore or aquarium theme.
Activity 1 > Science
> Animals > Ocean > Learning about the
* Like a suit of armor, a crab's shell protect it from attackers. A crab has two claws for holding and tearing food and for fighting. If a crab's claw breaks off, a new one grows back!
* When a crab grows too big for its shell, the shell splits and the crab climbs out of it. The crab then grows a new shell.
* A crab's shell matches the color of the rocks, plants or sand where it lives.
* A crab moves quickly, moving sideways on its eight back legs.Link for images and information:
Crab information and image gallery at Wikipedia.org. Click on images to see a larger version.
Activity 2 > Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Crab
Skill: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a fun crab image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Activity 3 > Alphabet Activities > Letter C is for Crab
Introduce or practice letter C with these printable activities and mini-book or focus on Cr blend words: crab, crocodile, cricket, etc.
Activity 4 > Printable Crab Craft (Ages 2.5+)
Select a crab craft. Tell the children they are going to have fun with a craft activities related to the crab. The crab crafts will incorporate various learning skills during assembly.
Activity 5 > Online story time| Literacy
* Aesop's Fable > Read and print Aesop's fable The Young Crab and his Mother
* Theme > Friendship > Listen and read this delightful online story of a snail and Herman the crab What A Friend Flash Player required
Activity 6 > Nutrition > Food group > Protein Food Group
Crab is a shellfish and included in the Protein Food Group.