Sand Dollar Number Banner Craft | Alphabet Letter S | Circle Shape | Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Alphabet > Letter S |
Animals > Ocean
| Seashore > Sand dollar |
Crafts > Numbers > Sizing and Number order 1-5 | Shapes > Circle |
Holidays & Events > Jun 8 > World Oceans Day - Jun > Zoo and
Today we are going to have fun with a rare and wonderful ocean creature: the sand dollar.
Activity 1: Learning about the Sand Dollar
The sand dollar is a kind of sea urchin.
It has very small feet that help it move and hide in the sand.
The sand dollar also has a mouth in the middle of its body.
The sand dollar is flatter than the starfish and is somewhat round in shape.
It eats particles of little pieces of ocean plants and ocean animals.
* The sand dollar has five pores arranged in a petal pattern.
Tell the children they will be doing some fun projects related to the sand dollar.
Activity 2: Coloring and Scissor cutting a Sand dollar
1. Print the coloring page of a sand dollar. It works better if printed on white card stock or light color construction paper for scissor cutting practice.
2. The children can color or use watercolors. Suggest different shades of light yellow, brown, orange, beige, sand.
3. Scissor cutting practice: After coloring have the children try and cut the image out.
4. After cutting the children can brush lightly with watered glue and sprinkle with a little sand or salt to give it texture.
Activity 3: Letter S is for Sand Dollar > Introduce or review letter S Sand dollar printable activities.
Activity 4: Craft: Sizing Sand Dollars Banner by Size and Number 1 to 5, Recognize the Circle Shape
Making a Sand Dollar Banner:
| Activity #2:
Print sand dollar coloring page
Sand dollar activity sheet
and a strip of blue construction paper
Letter S Sand dollar Printable Activities
*white paper or construction paper