C > C is for Cat
Letter K > K
is for Kitten
Animals > Pets
> Cat or Kitten
Education > Caring
Cat or Kitten
Holidays and Events
Online story time > Fables
Online Jigsaw Puzzles > Cats
During these activities
children can experience the following learning activities:
1. Introduce or practice letter C for Cat with matching printable
materials and cat or kitten craft that features a tail or legs shaped like
letter C or letter K for Kitten.
2. Learn basic facts about domestic (house) cats.
The domestic cat is the most popular pet in the U.S.A.
3. Shapes practice: circle, half circle, triangles and ovals featured in the
4. The cat or kitten crafts are appropriate to include during Halloween
holiday activities, a theme related to pets or in conjunction with
related literature, nursery rhymes or educational online story, preschool video or TV
5. These activities can be conducted separately over a number of
Activity 1: Story time > Cats
1. Decide what book, story time online or educational video/TV program
can be introduced to generate enthusiasm for the topic of
cats. Once your theme is selected prepare for discussion and
Character education: Caring
Read and print the online story Carrie
the Caring Cat, and visit the parent
Fable > Print and read Belling
3. PBS's Online Activities > Sagwa:
The Chinese Siamese Cat for children 5-8, don't miss the caregivers
area. These program and activities are suitable for Chinese
New Year Celebrations.
4. Nursery Rhyme: Three
Little Kittens with illustrations, great for toddlers and
5. Fairy tale: Puss in Boots Ages 6+
#1: Puss in Boots > part of the KIDOONS Network adapted
for young children
in Boot with illustrations
*Puss in Boots theme coloring pages: 1,
Activity 2: Alphabet Lesson Plan Printable Activities Letter C is for Cat
or Letter K Kitten
Comments/Suggestion: Since the crafts features letter C on
the tail template or legs template, perhaps you would like to consider presenting the
letter C alphabet activities or letter K for Kitten.
There are various materials for both letters. Make sure to
explain the difference between a cat and a kitten.
Activity 3: Select a Cat or Kitten Craft
Review printing and assembly options that best meet your needs. Before assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested.
Activity 4: Learning about Cats (Pet): Animal Facts Activity
3+ - after cat craft is assembled
1. Encourage a discussion and dialogue:
* Demonstrate the cat or kitten poster, children are holding their finished
* Ask the children if they have ever seen a real house cat or have one as a
pet and discuss
* What do they know about cats, write their comments in board.
* What sounds does a cat make.
* Discuss some fun basic cat facts, here are a selection of
Geographic - Cats
Activity 5: Online Jigsaw Puzzles: Cat and Kitten
Skill: Problem solving, letter recognition.
Enjoy these online puzzles. These are great for a break and
the whole family can enjoy them by adjusting the amount of pieces from
6 to 247 - click on the shape button.
Alphabet > Letter
C Cat and Clown
Bilingual: English and Spanish >
Activity 6: Online Coloring and Print > Halloween
Cat on a Jack-o'-Lantern
Skills: Using the computer mouse and color recognition
Additional printable materials related to cats & kittens:
Use for display, bulletin board, or a homemade coloring
book. The images are large and
can even be used to make awards or take home activities.