> Letter T >
T is for Tiger
Animals > Endangered
Holidays and Events
or Feb. > Chinese
June > Zoo and
27th > Visit the Zoo Day
Online jigsaw puzzles
group: Preschool to early elementary
Activities > Science
& Social Studies > Learning about Tigers > Endangered
1. Science and social studies objectives:
- Understand that people need to respect animal and plant life,
natural resources and habitats.
- Identify ways people help protect these living things so that they
are not endangered or become extinct.
- Define and understand the terms:
- extinct: to die out, there aren't any left alive.
- endangered species: when an animal or plant species is in
danger of becoming extinct.
- Identifying an endangered animal:
- Identifying at least one endangered animal in your geographical
area, country or region. Learn a few facts about this animal.
- Ask the children
if they have ever seen a real tiger and discuss
- What do they know about
- Do they have a favorite story or book / TV
2. Discuss some simple facts about
- The tiger is a large, very
strong mammal with short reddish-orange fur and black stripes.
- Tigers are carnivores.
- They live in several parts of
Asia but are endangered in all their habitats.
- Tigers are the largest of
the big cats and are closely related to lions, leopards, and
other cats that roar.
- The tiger is one of the twelve
animals represented in the Chinese zodiac.
Online resource: Tiger
Activity > Alphabet
Printable Activities: Letter T is for Tiger
Activity > Online Jigsaw Puzzle
Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a fun tiger image.
The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to
change shape and number of pieces.
Visit the Tiger theme for related Printable Activities and crafts.
Online jigsaw puzzle