Alphabet Letter H Heart Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter H | Bible > Alphabet
H > Bible > Matthew
22:34-40 | Crafts > Shapes > Hearts | Holidays > Feb 14th > St.
Valentine's Day | Health and Nutrition >
The heart theme is ideal to present for St. Valentine's Day, Bible theme or Healthy Heart theme.
Activity: What is a heart?
1. The heart is an important organ that pumps blood throughout the blood vessels in the body of a person or animal. It is important to have a nutritious diet, and physical activity for a healthy heart.
2. The heart is a symbol depicting love usually represented in red.
Activity > Alphabet > Letter H is for Heart
Present and display your option printable activities listed in the materials column.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace the letter H's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page or worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction and numbers on the arrows that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter H's: Have the children find all the letter H's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Coloring activity: Encourage children to color letter H and the image with a variety of materials.
Letter H words: Letter H Worksheet and Mini Book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter H words and images in the worksheet. You can also display H posters and coloring pages or even make a letter H classroom book. For related images visit: letter H alphabet printable activities and make your choice.
Letter H Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The word search game features a heart and letter H words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw and color hearts behind the lined paper or select and print a heart theme coloring page [1 >male, 2, 3 >female] to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a heart(s) and practice writing letter H h.
Activity > Crafts > Shapes >
* Hearts and Home Bookmark Craft
* Heart Shapes Animal Crafts > Select a heart theme printable craft to practice various basic skills.
Activity > Health and Nutrition > Healthy Heart
Visit the American Heart Association and print fun worksheets with songs and games for Pre-Kindergarten and other grade levels.
Activity > Bible Activity > This activity is part of the Bible alphabet A to Z available in D'Nealian and Standard block handwriting formats.
Select a Bible story, passage or verse that relates to the heart theme.
Here is a suggested verse > Matthew 22:34-40: The Greatest Commandment: "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."
Letter H Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard font
Word Search & Writing
Drawing | Writing paper
Heart coloring pages:
*Heart in roller-skates
St. Valentine's Day coloring pages
American Heart Association
Lesson Plans Pre-K and up