Alphabet Letter V Vine Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter V.
This activity is part of the Bible alphabet A to Z available in D'Nealian and Standard block handwriting formats.
Science > Plants > Vine and Vineyard
A vine is a climbing or trailing plant, such as grapes or ivy. Vine and Vineyard at Wikipedia.org
Bible > Activities > John 15:1-5 or Matthew 20:1-16
1. "I am the Vine; You Are the Branches." John 15:1-5 Visit this activity with grapes to incorporate these passages.
2. "The Workers in the Vineyard" > Bible text: Matthew 20:1-16
Alphabet Activity: Alphabet Letter V is for Vine
Present and display your option of alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter V's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter V's: Have the children find all the letter V's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter V's and then discuss the locations with the poster.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Letter V words: Letter V Worksheet and Mini Book: These materials can be used as part of a Letter V program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related V words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter V words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other V posters and coloring pages or even make a letter V classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter V printable activities to make your choice.
Letter V Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The four-word search game features letter V words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of drawing and writing paper or printable lined-paper. Encourage children to draw a vine and practice writing letter V v.
Letter V Worksheet and Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & Writing Paper
|Alphabet > Letter V | Bible > John 15:1-5 | Science > Plants | Nutrition > Fruit > Vine > Grapes|