Find @ the
library in WorldCat
View at YouTube:
Mouse Paint color flashcards
1 | Page
Paint - Author: Ellen Stoll
Available in Spanish: Pinta
Cute and curious white mice explore with paint to discover new colors by
mixing primary colors and make secondary colors. They are also careful
and clever to outsmart the cat.
Skills: Color recognition, science > color mixing: how to mix primary
colors to obtain secondary colors. Learn color words.
Materials and Preparation:
* Select and print black and white mouse
craft template or coloring
page for the children and gather materials listed in the lesson
* Color mixing
lesson plan: print color
mixing poster and color mixing activity worksheet for the children.
* Print the Mouse Paint color flashcards Page
1 | Page
2 to display on a flannel board as you read the
- Read the story and use mouse paint color flash cards to help present the
colors in the sequence in which they appear in
the book. For use with a felt board, glue a piece of sandpaper to
the back of each card.
- Present the color
- Distribute a black & white mouse craft template.
- Divide the children into three color teams (orange, green and
- Each team will mix colors and paint the mouse craft templates or coloring page
with their team color.
- Cut out and assemble mouse craft.
- Read Mouse Paint one more time and children will hold
their mouse craft and
stand up when their secondary color is mentioned in the story.
Color words: Kindergarten - 1st grade practice writing color
words with these worksheets