Colorful Trees Colors Flash Cards and Color Words Worksheets
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
Alphabet > Letter T > T is for Trees
Books > Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
Flash Cards > * Colorful Trees Colors
* Worksheets > Colorful Trees Color Words
Environmental Education >
*March > Dr. Seuss birthday (2nd)
Earth Day (22nd)
Arbor Day [last week]
Science > Plants > Trees | Forest | Rainforest
Use these materials as part of the Dr. Seuss' The Lorax theme, and review other topics listed in the themes column.
Activity > Colorful Trees Flash Cards Game (Ages 2 - 6)
The cards feature the primary and secondary colors.
Instructions and preparation >
* Print the cards preferably in card stock or brochure paper. After the game, laminate the color version to reuse.
Each image is in color and beside it in black & white to color. Keep these images together when cutting the cards for the game, and fold so only one side shows.
Activity > Part 1 > Game
1. Show the color image side first, and ask: "What color is this Truffula tree?
2. Once child has identified the color, turn the card so only the black and white image shows.
3. Ask child: "What color was the Truffula tree I just showed you?"
4. What other things are ... yellow?. Proceed with each color steps 1, 2, 3.
Activity > Part 2 > Coloring
1. Encourage child to color the images to match the one next to it. You may want to do the coloring activity two images per day for very young children.
Other ideas for using flash cards after the game activities above >
* white paper, card stock or construction paper
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/colors/drseuss-colorful-trees.htm