Bee Craft | Bumblebee | Alphabet Letter Letter B Theme Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
|Alphabet > Crafts > Letter B > B is for Bee or Bumblebee | Animals > Insects > Bee | Colors > Yellow, Black | Fables > The
Bear and the Bees | Online stories > Bee theme | Seasons > Spring | Summer
The bee is such fun insect to explore as we can all learn so much from the beneficial things (honey bees) that it does. Let's explore this animal and make an easy craft. We can address many other basic concepts and skills.
Activity: Aesop's Fable > The Bear and Bees
Present this Aesop fable. Both animal characters start with letter B. Use the bee craft below and a bear craft to present the story. Discuss what is a fable and the moral lesson in the story.
Activity: Bee or Bumblebee Craft - 4 pieces (Ages 2.5 and older)
Printing / Assembly and Decoration Suggestions:
Note: Review themes/ learning activities that can be presented before, during and after assembly.
1. Printing option 1 color template
Count the template pieces to practice numbers, identify shapes (head - circle, wings and body - ovals), identify colors (mainly yellow & black), cut out (scissor skills) assist when necessary, and children can assemble as shown on the alphabet poster or the template. The wings can be glued under or over the body, which ever is easier for the children to do. (Optional: add a set of wax paper wings, read below)
2. Option 3: Print black & white template and:
Children can color in a suggested color to practice (yellow), conduct learning activities suggested above, and cut out template pieces (assist when needed).
Other ideas for decorating the craft:
1. Wax Paper Wings: Cut out the wing templates, and use them as guideline to cut an extra pair of wax paper wings. Trace on the non waxy side with a felt marker. Glue only to the section of the paper wing that will be glued to the bee's body. This will create a double set of wings and these will flutter when the children shake the bee.
2. My Bee Can Fly: Make a tiny hole/opening in the center of the body and insert a piece of yarn (about 9-12") through the back and make a triple knot. Tie the string to Popsicle stick to make a puppet or little flying bee.
3. Valentine's Day "Bee Mine" - Print the black and white version directly to pink craft paper. Fill in the dots, tail and center stripe with red marker, coloring pencils or crayons. Write message in the back or on the wide front stripe.
Themes & Learning Activities for Bees Crafts:
* Basic concepts about bees and why are they beneficial
* Basic explanation of what is pollination
The theme can reinforce letter B activities, here are some suggestions:
*Bees are Beneficial Bugs
*Busy Bees in my Backyard
Animal Facts: The Bee - Offline and Online Activities
Learning some basic facts about the bees:
Make sure to prepare an interesting display with the alphabet posters, coloring pages, have some honey for a tasting activity and perhaps an example of beeswax or candle.
Online Jigsaw Puzzles: Bee
Printable Bee Craft
Black and White