Cat Craft or Kitten Craft with Letter C Legs & Tail
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
|Themes||Instructions and Suggestions||Materials|
Letter C > Cat
Letter K > Kitten
Animals > Pets > Cat or Kitten
Colors > Orange or Dark Gray or your choice
Shapes > Circles, Half Circle, Triangles, Ovals
Numbers | Math > Counting
Occasions & Events for cats
This is an educational printable
craft that showcases shapes, and the legs are letter C's.
Review the animal cat lesson plan and alphabet lesson plan for C is for Cat or K is for Kitten that incorporates various activities to complement this craft.
Activity: Letter C Cat Craft and Learning Activities (Ages 3+ with some assistance)
For children ages 2 to 4 you may want to try the simpler Sleeping Cat Craft featured separately and your choice of alphabet materials for C Cat or K Kitten.
Review printing and assembly options that best meet your needs. Before assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested below:
Printing and assembly options for Cat Craft
Note: The body (half circle) can be substituted with half of a small paper plate
Option 1: Print color template #1 & #2, in your choice of orange or dark gray, conduct first set of learning activities, cut out, conduct second set of learning activities below and assemble.
Option 2: Print black & white template #1 & 2. Children can color, paint or decorate first, proceed as above.
Option 3: Print black & white template #1 & #2 onto your choice of color craft paper and color in sections desired, such as the eyes. Proceed above.
Other decorations and ideas:
1. Tape a ribbon or string to back of head to use as decoration or holiday ornament.
2. Add wiggly eyes and/or glue yarn over whiskers or use a hole punch next to whisker on either side, insert the yarn and tape in place. Older children can also use pipe cleaners using the same method.
3. Add stripes or with paints, crayons or markers
4. Make a Halloween scene with the cat on top of a pumpkin (see this image for an example of the scene) cut-out or assemble and glue over a dark background: black or dark blue construction paper with a half moon on the background.
7. This craft looks great in a grouping hanging at different lengths facing out windows or on bulletin boards for Halloween decorations with pumpkins and bat cut-outs as well.
Activity #3 Part 1: Learning Activities to conduct before Cat Craft assembly:
Choose from the activities below you feel are are appropriate for the children.
Shapes & Color Activity: (before template is cut-out)
1. Identify the shapes that are on template
#1: circle (face and small circles inside eyes), half circle (body), ovals (paws/feet),
ears and nose (triangles). Discuss the colors, on the template
(orange or dark gray) or the
colors chosen by the children to color the pieces. Some children
like to discuss the colors as they choose them while coloring or
painting the templates.
2. Paste assembled head on body
Note: Dark Gray version tends to print out quite darker that featured, so it may appear almost black
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/crafts/animals/pets/cat.htm