Ovals Craft | Alphabet Letter S Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Themes||Activities and instructions||Materials|
Letter S >
S is for Snake
Reptiles > Snake [Serpent]
Colors > Green
Crafts > Shapes >
Snakes Oval Craft
Holidays and Observances >
*Jan. or Feb. > Chinese New Year
*Oct. 21st > Reptile Appreciation Day
Review printable activities available and make a display.
Activity > Learning About Snakes
Activities to learn, observe and hear snakes.
Activity > Alphabet Letter S Snake Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Visit this lesson plan to present letter S for different age levels.
Now let's have some fun with an easy snake craft and the letter Ss.
Activity > Snake Ovals Craft
This is a very easy cut and paste craft for young children or it can be made more challenging for older children.
The snake is composed with ovals to form a letter S, and the ovals also showcase letter S.
Cut and Paste Method:
1. Print the positioning template and your choice of color or coloring format snake ovals template with letter S or blank. The coloring format template can also be printed to green paper directly.
2. Skills > Color recognition, counting and oval shape.
Identify the oval shapes in the template. The ovals look like eggs. Most snakes hatch from soft shelled eggs. Count the ovals needed to complete the craft. Adult can add numbers to the positioning template and numbers to the oval pieces to match in number order. Identify that the ovals are green.
3. Color template if applicable. Cut out ovals and head.
4. Skill > Letter S recognition
Point out to the children that the letter S is in each oval. Letter S is the beginning sound for the word snake or serpent.
5. Skill > Hand and eye coordination
Paste the ovals to positioning template with glue stick. Point out that the finished snake forms a letter S.
Idea: Print positioning template to a brown or tan paper for a natural background setting. Add foliage pieces after the snake has been completed using green construction paper or collected leaves.
Free Style Method:
1. Print the ovals template of your choice.
2. Provide a piece of brown or tan
4. Provide green construction paper to cut out foliage or paste collected leaves.
*something to color
To view updates to these activities visit: