*Letter B > B
is for Bear
> T is for Teddy
Animals > Mammals
> Forest >
Colors > USA patriotic colors
Crafts > U.S.A. Patriotic Teddy Bear
Holidays and Events
United States Patriotic Holidays
Shapes > Circles,
Counting, Sizing, Sorting
Toys > Teddy
During these activities
children can learn some basic facts about: (choose those you
would like to include in the activities)
1. A particular United States holiday listed in the activities
column or a Places and People Theme focusing on the U.S.A.
2. Learn about the origins of the Teddy Bear, which is named
after a U.S.A. president.
3. Learn basic facts about real bears - science
4. Alphabet activities for letter B is for Bear or T is for
5. Shapes and number activities during the craft assembly
Visit the link above for brief story of the teddy bear, an
American treasure (and loved the world over), named after the 26th
U.S. President Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt.
A teddy bear theme is welcomed for almost every type of holiday or
special occasions throughout the year. One of the special
qualities of teddy bears is that they provide comfort to young and
young at heart.
Other alphabet printable materials
are provided in the materials column as well as links to related
Activity #1: United States Patriotic Teddy Bear Craft ( 9 pieces)
NOTE: The body template can be glued to a CD.
Prepare an introduction for the theme, holiday or event and what
will be presented before starting the craft activities. Make
an example of the craft ahead of time, attach to a craft stick and use
as a puppet to "assist" in making the presentation fun for the children.
Review printing and assembly options that best meet your needs.
Before assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested
Printing and assembly options for Bear or Teddy Craft
Option 1: Print color template, cut out,
conduct your choice of learning activities below and
Option 2: Print black & white template. Children can color, paint or decorate first, cut out and proceed
Other decorations and ideas:
1. The body circle template can be glued to a CD.
2. Tape a ribbon or string to back of head to use as decoration
or holiday ornament.
3. Glue wiggly eyes over existing eyes and/or glue pom pom for
4. Tape the craft to a craft stick (Popsicle stick).
5. Glue to a folded paper or /card stock for an
instant greeting card.
6. Write a greeting message or add a picture to the back or small picture
in the bears paws.
7. Glue the craft to a standard small shopping bag or white lunch paper bag and
add a handle made with construction paper (double or triple folded),
for an instant party bag.
9. Make a handprint
wreath and add the teddy to the bottom for a finishing touch.
Learning Activities to conduct before
Bear / Teddy Bear Craft assembly:
Choose from the activities below you feel are are appropriate for the
Shapes & Color
1. Identify the main shapes for all pieces: circles, ovals,
[arms have a close resemblance to the crescent shape, if you
prefer keep separate for this activity to avoid confusion). Discuss the colors, on the template
(light browns, green, orange) or the
colors chosen by the children to color the pieces. Some children
like to discuss the colors as they choose them while coloring or
painting the templates.
To conduct these activities pieces should be decorated and cut out.
1. Sorting/Sizing/Categorizing: Have the children sort
those templates that have specific shapes by size. Have the children arrange the sorted shapes in piles from smallest to largest.
2. Counting: Count how many shapes are in each pile/size
(include counting the eyes printed on the face circle). You may want to write
the numbers as you count on the blank side of the template to acquaint
the children with printed numbers.
Proceed with craft assembly. Show the small image of the
finished craft featured in the template to help the children see how the finished
craft looks and to aid them in positioning the pieces.
1. Assemble head pieces - ears to head (in front or behind the
template and hat
1. Body Circle (glue to CD if desired)
2. Feet & arms
3. Glue head over white area of leaves collar
4. Ireland flag on white "shirt" area.
completing the craft the children can hold their finished craft while
conducting some of the activities below.
Visit the links to include alphabet lesson plan printable activities.
B is for Bear
* Letter T is
for Teddy bear
Bears: Animal facts activity and online resources Ages
Visit the Wild Animal: Bear
Section or Teddy
Bear Theme for various related activities: book/story time
activity, online activities, or nursery rhyme, etc. These
activities can also be conducted as follow up and reinforcement
of letter b and expand learning skills.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Activity
States Patriotic Teddy Bear Craft #1 (Small)
Body can be glued to
Teddy Bear Craft
Black & White
Alphabet printable activities:
is for Bear
*T is for Teddy
Patriotic Coloring Pages