Teddy Bear Craft | USA American
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
During these activities children can learn some basic facts about: (choose those you would like to include in the activities)
1. A particular United States holiday listed in the activities column or a Places and People Theme focusing on the U.S.A.
2. Learn about the origins of the Teddy Bear, which is named after a U.S.A. president.
3. Learn basic facts about real bears - science
4. Alphabet activities for letter B is for Bear or T is for Teddy Bear
5. Shapes and number activities during the craft assembly
Teddy Bear Background:
Visit the link above for brief story of the teddy bear, an American treasure (and loved the world over), named after the 26th U.S. President Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt.
A teddy bear theme is welcomed for almost every type of holiday or special occasions throughout the year. One of the special qualities of teddy bears is that they provide comfort to young and young at heart.
Other alphabet printable materials are provided in the materials column as well as links to related activities.
Activity #1: United States Patriotic Teddy Bear Craft ( 9 pieces) Ages 2+
NOTE: The body template can be glued to a CD.
Prepare an introduction for the theme, holiday or event and what will be presented before starting the craft activities. Make an example of the craft ahead of time, attach to a craft stick and use as a puppet to "assist" in making the presentation fun for the children.
Review printing and assembly options that best meet your needs. Before assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested below:
Printing and assembly options for Bear or Teddy Craft
Option 1: Print color template, cut out, conduct your choice of learning activities below and assemble.
Option 2: Print black & white template. Children can color, paint or decorate first, cut out and proceed as above.
Other decorations and ideas:
1. The body circle template can be glued to a CD.
2. Tape a ribbon or string to back of head to use as decoration or holiday ornament.
3. Glue wiggly eyes over existing eyes and/or glue pom pom for the nose.
4. Tape the craft to a craft stick (Popsicle stick).
5. Glue to a folded paper or /card stock for an instant greeting card.
6. Write a greeting message or add a picture to the back or small picture in the bears paws.
7. Glue the craft to a standard small shopping bag or white lunch paper bag and add a handle made with construction paper (double or triple folded), for an instant party bag.
9. Make a handprint wreath and add the teddy to the bottom for a finishing touch.
Learning Activities to conduct before Bear / Teddy Bear Craft assembly:
Choose from the activities below you feel are are appropriate for the children.
Shapes & Color Activity:
1. Identify the main shapes for all pieces: circles, ovals,
[arms have a close resemblance to the crescent shape, if you
prefer keep separate for this activity to avoid confusion). Discuss the colors, on the template
(light browns, green, orange) or the
colors chosen by the children to color the pieces. Some children
like to discuss the colors as they choose them while coloring or
painting the templates.
States Patriotic Teddy Bear (Small)
|Alphabet > Letter B > B
Bear | Letter T > T Teddy
Animals > Mammals > Forest > Bears |
Colors > USA patriotic colors |
Crafts > U.S.A. Patriotic Teddy Bear |
Holidays & Events > United States Patriotic Holidays | Shapes > Circles,
Counting, Sizing, Sorting | Inventions Kids Love > Toys > Teddy