|Alphabet > Letter B - Letter T | Animals > Mammals > Forest > Bears | Colors > Brown | Crafts > Shapes> Holidays and Events > Bear
events | Inventions Kids Love > Toys > Teddy bear
During these activities
children can learn some basic facts about bears and/or a famous toy,
the teddy bear.
Activity > Learn about Bears > Review this lesson plan to learn about bears and related activities.
Activity > Teddy
The printable craft is a smaller version of the
craft - 13 pieces, with an option to only
complete the head portion.
Visit the link above for a brief story of the teddy bear, an American
treasure, named after the 26th U.S.
President Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt. This toy was inducted in the Toy Hall of Fame in 1998.
A teddy bear theme is welcomed for almost every type of holiday or
special occasions throughout the year. One of the special
qualities of teddy bears is that they provide comfort to the young and
young at heart, so this theme is also useful for providing
comfort in times of crisis: grief, loss, illness, or any stress
Activity > Easy Shapes Bear Craft (8 pieces)
Prepare an introduction for the theme, holiday or event and what
will be presented before starting the craft activities. A nursery
rhyme activity can help get things started!
Review printing and assembly options that best meet your needs.
Before assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested
Printing and assembly options for Bear Head Craft
Option 1: Print color template, conduct learning activities below, cut out and
Option 2: Print black & white template. Color, paint or decorate, conduct learning activities below, cut out and
Option 3: Print black & white template to your choice of color craft paper,
and color in sections desired, such as eye ball, inner ears, nose,
Learning activities to conduct before
- Shape > Circle & Color
Activity: Identify the shapes. Discuss the colors on the template
(brown and tan/beige) or the
colors chosen by the children to color the templates.
- Numbers and pre-math activities: To conduct these activities pieces should be decorated and cut out.
- Sorting and Sizing: Have the children sort the
shapes by size, from small to large.
- Counting: Count how many shapes in each size. You may want to write
the numbers as you count on the blank side of the template to acquaint
the children with printed numbers.
Other decorations and ideas:
- Show the small image of the
finished craft featured in the template to help the children see how the it looks and to aid them in positioning the pieces.
- Suggested assembly > Head > start from the top > paste ears in front or behind head. Body > paste arms only at the shoulder so the arms can move up and down, and paste feet. Paste head over body at the shoulder level.
Alphabet lesson plan printable activities: Visit the links provided to alphabet activities.
- Write letter Bb bear or Tt teddy bear in the body of the bear.
- Trace and cut pieces on fun foam, or any left over materials.
- Tape a ribbon or string to back of head to use as decoration
- Replace eye template with plastic wiggly eyes or glue pom pom for
- Tape head craft to a craft stick or drinking
straw for a hand puppet.
- Paste craft to lunch paper bag for a quick puppet.
or Teddy Bear Craft (Small)
Black & White
Alphabet Printable Activities
is for Bear
T is for Teddy