Review the activities in the materials column, and print your choice of lesson
Activity 3: Acorn or Nut Printable Craft
Print your choice of color or black line template.
Basic skills activities:
Numbers: Practice counting the template pieces.
- Colors: Children can color the templates,
and autumn colors for the oak leaf.
- Encourage children to cut out the larger templates.
- Help cut
out smaller templates and save the small image in the template to aid
children in assembly and to insert in the alphabet mini-books in
Suggested assembly instructions:
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
large wiggly eyes to replace paper eyes
- Paste upper section of acorn over lower section of acorn.
- Paste eyes
or substitute with plastic wiggly eyes, nose and mouth.
- Paste oak leaf (or substitute with a real oak leaf.
- Paste acorn over
the center of arm template.
- Paste leg template under lower part of acorn.
- Optional: Write alphabet letter A and acorn (or language of choice) on one
arm or behind the craft.
- Attach to a craft stick to hold as a puppet. Write the
proverb in the back of the craft.
- Classroom bulletin board idea:
Titled: Great oaks from little acorns grow in Ms. (Teacher's
continue to activity 4 >
or Nut Craft
Black & White
Preparation and introduction for the Acorn Theme
Language > Proverbs > "Great oaks from little acorns grow"
Craft > Printable Acorn or Nut and bulletin board
A is for Acorn or N is for Nut
Science and Social Studies > Plants, Trees, Nutrition
Counting Autumn Acorns
* Trees & the
* Oak activities & printables
Holidays & seasons:
Arbor Day | Autumn