This delightful craft is perfect to celebrate the
beginning of Spring or Easter celebrations. Children will
enjoy the friendly and colorful Number 5 Number Buddy and putting 5
flowers on the flower basket.
* Leanne, the creator of the
Number Buddies at the DLTK-kids.com has great advice on how to use this
craft effectively at the link provided, and here are her
"Point out to all the number 5's (her body is a number 5,
she has a number 5 on her flower and she has a number 5 on her
* "How many items are in groups of five (five flowers, five leaves,
Additionally, we suggest you count out loud those items in
groups of five: the flowers, leaves and fingers before assembling
the craft and then point to number five 5.
* If template is printed in black & white, color the pieces as
* cut the pieces
* assemble the Number 5 Buddy pieces: first the hat, then the
body parts and the flower basket last.
* Children 3+ > Matching Number 5 Writing Worksheets
Print the color or coloring version of the worksheet to practice
writing number five
Ideas to use Number 5 Buddy:
* Put in child's bulletin board and reinforce with this Five Pretty
and finger play activity (finger puppets included).
* Place in the refrigerator door at child's eye level
* Tape or make a hole with a hole punch on the hat, add a ribbon and use
as cute door hanger
* This craft also makes a beautiful Easter gift card/tag for
relatives, teachers (Teacher's Appreciation Day/Week), or babysitters attached to a little Easter
basket or cellophane bag with candy, cookies, small
soaps, potpourri or other small gift item.
* white paper, construction paper
* glue or glue stick
* coloring tools