Sunflower Marker Craft - Yellow - Autumn Season Preschool Lesson Plan Printable ActivitiesSunflowers are very easy to grow and children love them. Why not prepare a little corner of the garden and have fun planting some sunflowers that the children will enjoy.
Activity: How a Seed Grow: Watch the cute video that shows how a sunflower seed grows and discuss how a plant grows.
Activity: Sunny the Sunflower Craft to make a garden marder - @ dltk-holidays.com
To get you started and in the mood to plant the sunflowers, make this easy and cute craft that can also serve as a garden seed marker.
Here are step-by- step instructions to help you make a Children's Sunflower Little house.
- white construction paper or card stock
- coloring tools
- glue or glue stick
- contact paper or laminate
- craft stick
- Print template on white paper or card stock. If you print on paper, glue to a sturdier surface.
- Child can color the petals with crayons or markers yellow. Stem and leaves green. Color center of flower dark brown. Optional: glue a few sunflower seeds.
- Adult will help cut the template
- Child can proceed to assemble
- Adult laminates, and glue or staple to a craft stick, and use as a garden marker for the sunflower seeds you plant.
Visit this related activity: A Celebration of Sunflowers, which introduces Vincent Van Gogh's Sunflowers masterpieces, an educational sunflower theme coloring book that addresses the planting, growth, harvesting and products derived from this plant.