Boat Craft | Letter B | Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
|Alphabet > Crafts > Letter B | Community Helpers > Fisherman | Holidays & Events > May > Transportation Month > Safety > Boating Safety | Transportation > Water
transport > Boat - YachtSeasons > Summer > Beach
Activity: What is a boat and alphabet Letter B Boat printable activities
Visit this lesson plan and incorporate this activity.
Activity: Alphabet Lower Case Letter B Boat Activity Worksheet and Craft
These activities will help children learn letter B, beginning writing skills (tracing), scissor cutting skills, problem solving (assembly of the craft).
The upper portion of the activity worksheet is a foldable flash card, the lower portion is a craft to trace, color and assemble.
Printing Tips: This activity worksheet will be more effective when printed on stiff paper or card stock. To add interest, print on pastel colors.
1. Print the activity page. If working with a group, print one for display and for instruction. Distribute only the upper portion (flash card and tracer as one piece).
Tell the children they are going to play different games with a boat theme. They need to listen and follow instructions for the game.
2. Game 1: Trace and Say the Letter - Assemble the Flash Card:
*Trace the large dotted letter (left) and sound out the word boat and point to the image (right side).
*Have the children trace the dotted letter with their finger first. Instruct to trace with color pencil or crayon.
*Color the boat image on the right.
*Instruct children (or help) fold on the center line and apply glue. One side of the card will show the tracer and the other side the boat picture. 3. Game 2:
Craft - Trace, Cut and Assemble a Boat
The lower part of the worksheet is an easy craft that will provide opportunities to trace, cut (scissor skills) and creativity in coloring, decorating and assembly (small motor skills).
Distribute the boat craft portion:
1. Instruct the children to trace along the dotted lines of the different pieces in their favorite colors. Now the children can color, fill and decorate the pieces2. Once the pieces are traced and colored, instruct the children to cut out the pieces.
3. Instruct to assemble. They can refer to the image in the flash card. The mast can be substituted with a wooden craft stick or Popsicle stick.
Activity > Community Helpers > The Fishermen
Fishermen need water transportation, a boat or ship to fish. Introduce this community helper as part of the activities.
Activity > Music > Song > Row, Row, your boat
This activity can be incorporated within other educational topics listed in the themes column. The children can pretend they are fishermen.
Activity > Safety > Boating and Water Safety Coloring Book [PDF format] courtesy of Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources.
Letter b boat activity worksheet and craft
Letter B Boat printable activities
Boating and Water Safety Coloring Book [PDF format]
* print on card stock, paper, or construction paper
* something to color with-color pencils, crayons or markers
* preschool scissors