Activity: What is a yacht and alphabet Letter
Y Yacht printable activities
Visit this lesson plan and incorporate this activity.
Alphabet Lower Case Letter Y Yacht Activity
Worksheet and Craft
activities will help children learn lower case initial consonant letter
Y, beginning writing skills (tracing), scissor cutting skills, and problem solving
(assembly of the craft).
upper portion of the activity worksheet is a foldable flash card, the lower portion is
a craft to trace, color and assemble.
Printing Tips: This activity worksheet will be more
effective when printed on stiff paper or card stock. To
add interest, print on pastel colors.
Print the activity page. If working with a group,
print one for display and for instruction. Distribute only the
upper portion (flash card and tracer as one piece).
Tell the children they are going to
play different games with a yacht theme. They need to listen and
follow instructions for the game.
Game 1 - Trace and Say the Letter - Assemble the Flash
- Trace the large dotted letter (left) and sound out the word yacht and
point to the image (right side).
- Have the children trace the dotted letter with their finger
first. Instruct to trace with color pencil or crayon.
- Color the yacht image on the right.
- Instruct children (or help) fold on the center line and apply
glue. One side of the card will show the tracer and the other
side the yacht picture.
Craft - Trace, Cut and Assemble a luxury Yacht
The lower part of the worksheet is an easy craft that will provide
opportunities to trace, cut (scissor skills) and creativity in
coloring, decorating and assembly (small motor skills).
Distribute the yacht craft portion:
- Instruct the children to trace along the dashed lines of the different pieces in their favorite colors. Now the
children can color, fill and decorate the pieces.
out the pieces.
- Instruct to assemble. Refer to the
image in the flash card.
- After assembly the yacht can be pasted to paper or construction paper to make a sailing scene with ocean water, a sun and drawn seagulls.
Activity > Music > Song > Row,
Row, your boat @YouTube > Substitute the word boat with yacht.
This activity can be incorporated within other educational topics
listed in the themes column.
Activity > Boating and Water Safety Coloring Book [PDF format] courtesy of Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources.
*print on card stock,
paper, or construction paper
Boating and Water Safety
Coloring Book [PDF format]
Letter B Boat Activites & Craft