> Consonant Digraph Sh > Sh is for Shamrock
"Shawn" the Shamrock or
"Katie" the Clover Paper Crafts
Holidays > March
Patrick's Day, Irish American Heritage Month
Multicultural > Ireland
> Learn about a holiday and symbols
fun reading a bit about St.
Patrick, and St.
*Plants > Shamrock: (three leaves) is a type of clover.
* A Lucky Four-Leaf Clover: when a rare four leaflet occurs in a
clover it is said to be lucky and the leaves represent hope,
faith, love and the fourth one, luck.
* Discuss the color green and what it means to the Irish
people. It is connected to hope and associated with nature.
* Where is the color green in nature? Plants, trees and
Activity > Crafts > "Shawn" the
Shamrock or "Katie" the Clover Paper Craft
* When talking about plants you can introduce the shamrock and make
your choice of these delightful crafts.
* For younger children cut "Shawn" or "Katie"
pieces in advance. Older children may be able to help with
the scissor cutting.
* Follow the easy instructions for
the craft on the link provided.
* Tip: For young two year olds you may want to print the color version or
print the shamrock body on green construction paper to emphasize
on the color, and the child will not be as tired to complete the
craft. Add tiny drops of glue on the desired spots and have
child place the pieces -- indicate and call body parts by
name as a vocabulary builder.
* For children 2.5 and older encourage to color and complete the
crafts as much on their own as possible.
Activity > Alphabet Consonant Digraph
Sh is for shamrock >
Activity > St.
Patrick's educational printable materials featuring shamrocks
> Ages 2+ and up
"Katie the Clover"
Digraph Sh Shamrock printable activities
St. Patrick's printables
* crayons, markers
* white paper or green construction paper (to print body and
save on ink).