Holidays & Events > Oct. 21st > Reptile Awareness Day
Alligator Printable Puzzles | Homemade Toy
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
18 to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
* Print to card stock recommended
* Laminate for durability
Letter A Alligator printable activities
children 18 months to 6 years old.
Print your choice of Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4
These printable animal puzzles are designed to grow with your child's abilities.
We recommend that you include one or a combination of the following activities prior to using the puzzle:
- Review letter A alligator lesson plan: It includes simple animal facts, a picture book on video and letter A activities.
- Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make.
- Give a special name that starts with the first letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter, for example: Al the Alligator
- Ask what colors are in the animals body
- Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put together and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
- Alphabet practice: Write the letter "A a" one or two times in each piece and ask the child to search for the hidden letters in the puzzle
- Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done (see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the puzzles:
- Glue or tape the small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example), usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.